Shades of Green Garden Design promises to respect any personal data you share with us, or that we receive from other organisations, and keep it safe. Here we tell you what we will and will not do with your information.
This policy includes:
- What personal data we collect and how we use it
- How we collect information about you
- How we keep your data safe and who has access
- When we may communicate with you
- Keeping your information up to date
- Our contact details
- Changes to this Policy
- Your right to complain
What personal data we collect and how we use it
If you contact us we will usually collect some or all of the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Details about your lifestyle and your property that are relevant to the garden design process
We will mainly use your data to:
- Provide you with the services or advice you asked for
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Understand how we can improve our services, products or information
How we collect information about you
We collect personal data in the following ways:
- When you give it to us directly – you may give us your information when you contact us via our website, email or telephone or communicate with us in any other way
- When you give it to us indirectly – your information may be shared with us by a third party, for example when a landscape contractor or architect passes on your details so that we can contact you
- When you give permission to other organisations to share it – depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services
You may also provide permission for third party organisations to share your data with other third parties. You may do this when you buy a product or service, register with a website that runs competitions or register with a comparison site.
How we keep your data safe and who has access
We commit to putting appropriate controls in place to protect your personal data and to ensure that it is only accessible by individuals approved by Shades of Green Garden Design.
We undertake regular reviews of the information we hold to confirm whether your personal data still needs to be retained. For example, we may need to retain a record of your personal data for ongoing client service provision or to meet the legal requirements of the HMRC taxation department.
We may need to disclose your details, if required, to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors but we will not share your data in any other circumstances unless we have your explicit and informed consent.
When we may communicate with you
We may communicate with you in a number of ways:
- With your consent, we will contact you via email or telephone to let you know about the progress we are making
- From time to time we may need to contact you with an administrative query about an invoice payment or to update your communications consent preferences
We do not sell or share personal details to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
If you don’t want to hear from us once the requested advice or design service has been delivered, please let us know by letter or email and we will make sure your wishes are complied with.
Keeping your information up to date
You have a right of access to your personal data.
You may ask for a copy of the information we hold about you – if you spot any mistakes, you can let us know and we will correct them.
If you would like to see the information we hold for you please write to us at the address below, including proof of your identity. We do not accept these requests by email.
Our contact details
Shades of Green Garden Design, 21 Strachan Crescent, Dollar, Clackmannanshire FK14 7HL
If you have any other questions or comments please send these to:
Your right to complain
If you have a concern about how we handle the personal information you have given us, you can make a report o the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk.
Policy created on 12 January 2018